The Daily Candy Kids editors take us back-to-school shoe shopping, with their short list of what they are buying their own children this fall!
Kelly Aiglon, Contributing Editor
1. For Pierre, 5 years old. "He is an aspiring superhero and these kicks with lightning bolts will give him just the jolt he needs to get out there and save the day."
7. For Felix, 5 years old. "He hasn’t learned to tie his own shoes yet, but these shoes with faux lace panels (they close with hidden hooks and loops) put us one step closer."
Meryl Levin, Contributing Editor
2. For Dylan, 3.5 years old. "I'm always buying my daughter the styles that look like shrunk-down versions of my own shoes. But now she has opinions about her clothes and is coveting pink-and-purple everything. So I love that these boots will satisfy us both--cool grey suede and a shearling lining that I can get on board with, hot pink zipper she'll adore."
Susan Banchek, Contributing Editor
3. Due this winter. "I'm expecting my first child in December, so I have a little while to dream about his back-to-school ensembles. But when the day comes to send him off to preschool, I imagine him in sneakers that subtly exude French cool."
Lindsey Gladstone, Senior Kids Editor
4. For Lila, 2.5 years old. "I firmly believe patent leather shoes are a must for any first-time school-goer. Reading, writing, arithmetic, and shiny shoes."
5. For Nora, 4 years old. She wants big girl (read: knee high) boots for dresses. I prefer something more old fashioned. These bright pink bootlets feel like they fall somewhere in between.
Karen Clark, Web Editorial Director
11. For Ella, 7 years old. These flats have it all: classic styling to make me happy, Velcro closures to make the teacher happy, rubber soles for running on the playground, and, most importantly, a color close to Dorothy's coveted shoes.
Jaime Morrison Curtis, Contributing Editor
9. For Scarlet, 4 years old. My little ray of sunshine is obsessed with rainbows, now she can find one on her feet.
Meredith Howard, VP Communications
8. For Lincoln, 6 years old. I love these MacAlister boots, especially since he’ll look like his Dad in them.
10. For Cedric, age 4. I love these blue cons, especially since he’ll look like his Mom in them.